Saturday, April 14, 2012

When we first found out we were pregnant, I remember feeling like I hadn't had enough time with Norah. I felt like I was just getting to know her and was going to miss some very fun things with her because I would be preoccupied with a baby. Well, the past couple of months Logan has been way busy so Norah and I have had a lot of fun one-on-one time together. I have had a great time getting to know her and hanging out. I feel so lucky that I get to chill with such a cool girl all day, every day. I love being a mom (most days).

Here are some pictures to catch you all up on our lives .
What a fun ride this has been so far!


Logan paced his friend, Steve Hooper, at the St. George Marathon. They were shooting for 2:36 and got 2:39. Way to go Steve.

Norah was a bumble-bee for Halloween. So cute!


It's never too cold to go running with Daddy. Yes, those are socks on her hands because we couldn't find her gloves...who needs gloves in St. George? :)

I don't know why my in-laws had these goggles in with the Christmas decorations, but Norah found them and loved them.

January:Logan and me at the USA vs. Venezuela soccer game in Phoenix, AZ. It was so fun to visit my brother Jet and his family and watch this game together. It was still a good game even if Landon Donovan wasn't there. :(

Norah and her cousin, Gabby at the game. They were both little angels during the whole game. Gabby asked me a question the very last minute of overtime and I turned to answer her and of course that's when the US decides to make the one and only score of the game! Ha. It was still fun.

Norah turned 2! Wow. We had a big party with WAY too many people in our little house. Norah had fun eating cake and opening presents.

Norah's uncles, Bryce and Caleb, taught her how to make a finger mustache and say "I mustache you a question". Oh, the wisdom only family can teach. We were so proud.


Norah's tubes in her ears started to come out, so she immediately starts to get ear infections again. Which means she didn't nap or sleep well at night. So what did she do when she wasn't sleeping? Destroy her room, of course. She ripped up 2 books into tiny shreds, broke slats out of her blinds and pulled all of her clothes out of her drawers. I would often find her standing in her window sill waving to neighbors across the street. The most ridiculous event was when she got into the candle that I kept on her dresser. It was a soft candle in a can which made for great dipping and spreading on such things as her bed, decorative pillow, pajamas and last, but not least all over her hair! (see matted, greasy hair below).
I tried to wash it out, but the wax was still in there. I finally googled how to get wax out of hair. I poured baby oil in her hair and combed in out, then used dish soap, then shampoo, then conditioner. That worked. Whew.
Needless to say, I took her in and got her some antibiotics and her ears are now clear and she is sleeping and napping well. Hooray for modern medicine.


We had a workaholic spring break and finished more of our backyard. (Pictures of that coming soon). It made a huge crashing sound when they delivered the rock, so it drew the attention of all the neighborhood kids. They had fun "helping" as well and running up to the top of the pile. Cute kids.

Logan works with a wonderful lady named Fran, who let us come ride their horses and pony. We brought along one of Norah's friends, Brayton. Norah was scared at first but was fine if she rode with Brayton. Then she only wanted to do it herself and then she only wanted to ride the big horse, which she did. It was a fun day. We tried to tell her that it was a Shetland pony and she said, "Oh, a s**t pony". And would proudly say she rode a s**t pony from then on. The best was when she said the prayer for family night with Logan's family. She listed all the things she was thankful for including the s**t pony (which she repeated 4 times)! Oh man, we laughed so hard. What a funny girl.

Later that month, Norah and I "ran" a 1 mile race together. I am proud to say she ran the whole way and loved it. She even passed a little boy! Woo-hoo! She just had to wear her pink tutu (thanks Granny for that one) over her pants. She got a cookie, drink and a book at the finish line.

April:I told you she was napping again, I didn't say she was sleeping beauty! There's that dang pink tutu again.

Wow. Sorry for such long post. I'll try to be better. But let's be honest, I"m not a good blogger. So here's hoping I post soon. :) Life is good.


Princess of Whales said...

Love, love, LOVE this little girl! And her mother. And father. And soon-to-be brother.

Ruth Emmett said...

Wow Norah looks so grown up and starting to look SO much like you! So cute:) I'm glad I can catch up with you on your blog, since we never see each other anymore:(