Thursday, August 19, 2010

clothes

So I went shopping the other day because I have lost weight so nothing fits anymore and because I have nothing else to do. Those of you who know me realize I must have been pretty bored to resort to shopping for entertainment. Usually it is a goal oriented activity for me with little to no enjoyment. I thought maybe I could try some new things and break out of my normal, boring style but I just felt silly with all the stuff I tried on. I kind of feel like I am in this weird age group where I'm too old to wear the trendy stuff but too young for momville. I saw one of my young women at T.J. Maxx (she works there) and thought she could give me some advice. As I explained my shopping woe's to her I saw this sad look come over her face. She was thinking "Is this really what I"m going to be like in ten years!". She was no help. I ended up buying a shirt that I thought was cute but when I tried it on at home I looked like I was ready to grab my gun to go on safari.
Moral: I should just stick to the things I know. So this weekend at my 10 year high school reunion I will be wearing running shorts and a dirty t-shirt.

I am just learning this blogging stuff so I apologize to everyone who commented a year ago when I first started this thing...I just realized there was a comment section. Thanks for
posting something.

No comments: